Wedding update! Or "Why the Trove has been so Quiet Recently!"

FIVE WEEKS TO THE WEDDING! I CAN ONLY THINK IN EXCLAMATORY CAPITAL LETTERS THESE DAYS!

But for the sake of legibility, I'll refrain from typing that way ;)

Invitations have all been sent out & the RSVPs are coming in! HUGE thanks to my dear friend Kiley for incorporating about a dozen different ideas into the perfect invitation design. If any of you need postcards or cards printed quickly and well, I highly recommend talking to Ric at Print Shop Services. They're located right downtown in the Belgo building, and were fast, courteous and well-priced.

Paper pompoms and flowers are being made by yers truly this weekend, and the favours will be prepped as well. I fell in love with the small mason jars that Binky at Cafe Fuchsia uses for her savoury spice rubs, and she was kind enough to point me in the direction of Home Canning Machinery. They were a pleasure to deal with and their store front looks like an old pharmacy!

I have THREE dress options (which surprises no one who knows me). There was a 4th, but it was a tad too large and has been removed from the list of possibilities - it will be appearing in the Trove very soon!

The "Veil or No Veil" debate ended when I stumbled over Brenda's Bridal Veils. Gahh. Eye candy! Feathers and flowers and fascinators, oh my!

We met our photographer, Martin of SafeSolvent, and feel like we've made a new friend. We chatted about the wedding for about an hour and were all giddy at the end. Check out the gorgeous short film he shot in the dreamiest location - do you like doll houses and vintage-inspired clothing? You'll LOVE this!

Our caterer, Hilary of Visionaire Catering, is the SWEETEST lady in the world. She came over for a tasting (mmm, brunch for dinner), shooed us out of our kitchen, and treated us to a smorgasbord of yummies.

The cupcake liners have arrived, and, so have the paper lanterns and ribbon (so inspired by this image!) I'll be scouring garage sales for tea tins and milk glass this weekend - this is so exciting!

I picked up the supplies I need to make my flower girls' headbands, and the groomsmens' boutonnieres. Thank goodness for the craft section at Omer De Serres!

I'm off to Fabricville to look at table runner fabric options AND we're registering today after work. So AMPED!

Hope you're all well :)

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fairytale event -perfect for a stylistic fairy

You go gurl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please please please post many wedding pics after the big day! It sounds like it will be a unique and lovely event!

~Paze

Leanne Bertrand said...

So excited for you and Sohrab - you are the most adorable couple!
xox Leanne

Elsa said...

Sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous choices! It's going to be one hell of a shindig. Can't wait to see the pictures! Remember to have fun in the midst of being a whirling dervish :)

Anonymous said...

dear Lady Jane

Do not forget..It is your day, be excited and just enjoy it.

My best wishes of happiness to you and your nice gentlemen.

Monique
Lachine

Mary Jane said...

Thanks for all the kind words, ladies! I'm very excited, anxious as well, but mostly happily AMPED about the day, and marrying my most magnificent man! ;)

Post a Comment