Exciting news & also: lunchtime sparklies, anyone?

Hello all!

As some of you know, I just finished my first semester back at university.  I hadn't been in the hallowed halls of academia for close to 10 years, so I was apprehensive at first, however the Public Relations Certificate program at McGill is turning out to be a really good fit.    I applied for a number of summer internships and after an interview yesterday morning, I'm pleased to say that I'll be interning for the Canadian Mining & Metallurgical Foundation starting in mid-May!   One really fun project I hope to be working on is an exhibit of jewelry featuring metals and gemstones mined by Canadian companies.   Will keep y'all posted :)

Aaaaand, in keeping with the sparkly theme (both my excellent mood and the possibility of learning about Canadian gems!),  I have brought a small case with 36 rings to work with me.   They range in price from $10 to $40, and include some sterling silver (made using Victorian molds - stunning), some vintage, many semi-precious stones, and some gorgeous gold-plated dazzlers.   I'm meeting a potential Cinderella at lunch today, and would be pleased to make appointments between noon and one today or Monday if you'd like to take peek!

Here are some of the rings (the display has changed a bit since then) - photo by Natasha Negovanlis, opera student, budget fashionista, and recent visitor to the Trove!


.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on landing the internship MJ. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity! Best of luck!

Guity

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha said...

Congrats gal! And thanks for the shout out!

http://www.skeletonsandsuitcases.blogspot.com

Post a Comment