****SOLD**** Set of 5 vintage glass bottles: $30

****SOLD**** Stained glass is gorgeous, but rather expensive. One other way to add the shimmer of colourful glass to a sunlit spot is with a grouping of glass bottles, and this set of five will add a shot of textured greens to any windowsill or shelf. Two of the bottles are from the 1930s (see detail shots of labels below), two are not as old (the brandy bottle on the far left, and the spruce beer one on the far right), and the clear one in the middle is Italian-made with a harvest-themed relief. If you placed a single bloom or thin branch in each one, it would make a simple but pretty display, either in a window, or grouped together on a tray.
Price: $30 for the set



Inspiration:

.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Beautiful, amazing, etc! Hey but I was wondering, I have a sewing machine (four, actually, but I'm only talking about one of them) that my grandmother doesn't want anymore (it has been on the floor for 40 years). It's from 1938, and it's quite nice (in any case, it looks old!), but I'm really unsure of whether it could be made to work again or not. So I was wondering if maybe you were interested in taking it. It would be a shame to leave such a lovely thing for the garbage-men. Email me!

Mary Jane said...

Hi there Katherine! I wish I could rescue your grandmother's sewing machine, but alas, I am vehicle-less. I'm sure if you posted it on Craigslist, even as decorative piece, you'd be able to sell it, particularly if it has those curly wrought iron legs! If you had some way of moving it to my place, I'd certainly be happy to try to sell it for you, but I understand that this is a long shot. Good luck! ~MJ

Post a Comment