Treasure = madcap mid-day downtown run

I’ve been looking for a way to spice up my regular exercise routine, but between a full time job and running my own little shop ( *cough* to pay for my braces *cough* ), it can be hard to find the time! My co-worker Jon is a personal trainer, and he invited me to take part in his twice-weekly downtown lunchtime running sessions. Turns out, they're perfect for my fitness requirements!

Thirty mins, at lunch, with a great small group of people who are at varying levels of fitness means that the run is FUN, quick, and you’ll always have someone to match your pace! Believe you me, after almost a year away from any sort of real cardio, I am slooooooow. Had my first run today, and it was a blast. We ran right through the McGill campus, and there were Convocation ceremonies going on - so I'm sure that our sweaty selves made it into many a family photo album :) Unlike being on a treadmill, or even running outside through your neighbourhood, dashing around downtown at lunch means that a lot of the fun comes from dodging around The Suits, avoiding mail boxes, parking meters, Bixi stands, tourists... it really is like a game, which you're doing with a group.
Can’t wait til next week’s run!
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment