In which she crows about a shopping score

One easy way to get me to buy a magazine?  Slap any of the following on the cover:
  1. "A month of outfits!"
  2. "Shop your closet like an editor"
  3. "10 piece 1 month wardrobe"
  4. Salma Hayek or Christina Hendricks (just saying)
I spent about two hours avoiding ironing culling my closet last night to create a 10 piece capsule wardrobe that would take from work to school with ease.   Most of the items are black or grey, so I decided to inject some cream/ off-white items for layering, and will inject colour through vintage jewelry and fun accessories (the perfect scarf hunt begins!).   I scored this chalk-white knit vest this morning at American Eagle Outfitters on Ste-Catherine & Peel.   It was marked down from $69.50 to $14.99!  And since it had a red tag, there was an additional 30% off!  Total after taxes?  $11.80

Boo frikkin yah!

Also - here is my capsule wardrobe, per my scrawled drawing on the metro this morning:


EDIT:  Thanks to the wardrobe cull, at least 10 items from my closet have migrated down the hall to the Trove and are included in this Sunday afternoon's Trove sale!  There is one spot left, at 1pm, for anyone interested. :)
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment