4:30am. Kitchen. Betty-cat. Staring contest.

S. and I strongly suspect that our dear sweet little Betty-cat is going into heat.  She unleashed an unearthly yowl at 4:28a.m.  At 4:30a.m. I unlocked the door to the kitchen (where she stays at night) and had a staring contest with her thinking I could cow her into submission with the sheer force of my glare.   Needless to say, that didn't work.   So then there was some clumsy chasing, severe nose-tapping, more yowling, and then finally S. decided to SMEAR HER WITH FOOD.  Brilliant.  She spent a quiet hour grooming herself, but it was TOO LATE and I couldn't get back to sleep.

All that to say:  I will be meeting my appointments today, but please excuse my disheveled baggy-eyed state.  And if it looks as though I'm engaging in a staring contest with you, I've likely just fallen asleep for a second...with my eyes open.

Sigh.

Time to call the vet, heigh ho!
.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you! Before my two foster kitties were spayed, they would drive me BONKERS when they were in heat. Let me know if you need any tips or tricks to tide you over until you get her fixed!

Post a Comment