Heading out to try a new denim shape...

I'm wearing heels today (Very Rare Occurrence), and have decided to take this opportunity to try on some new jean shapes that would look best with some added height (oh, how different the world is at a towering 5'5"!).   Am doubting that high-waisted trouser leg denims will suit me, but I've been wrong before and oh GOODNESS am I tired of my skinnies. 

Will let y'all know how it goes!

Edit:  A little over an hour later...

So I had time for one stop: RW&Co.  

They're introducing their spring denim styles, and they've got trouser leg, bootcuts and skinnies, as well as (shudder) jeggings.   I tried two styles, both priced below $70: the bootcut (called the "Stacie"), and the trouser cut (the "Rebecca"). 

They had the Stacie available in a variety of washes.  I opted for a medium blue and found the fit to be very comfortable.  It has a good amount of stretch in it, the fading is flattering & the bootcut starts well below the knee which is nice; however I didn't like the whiskering at the hips (as subtle as it was), and the denim itself was a little heavier than what I'd like for warmer months. 

Next up was the "Rebecca,"  their trouser cut in a dark wash.    This was very office appropriate and I liked that the waistline sat fairly high (it passed the 'sit' test).   No tugging everytime I stand up = a very good thing.   The denim was a little lighter in weight, but I think that having all that visual volume around my knees and calves will take some getting used to.

Am thinking that Foxy might be next, as my two go-to pairs of dark wash (one black, one blue) skinnies are from there and they're super comfy, held their dark wash well, and have room for hips.  Also: if you sign up to their VIP club, they email you a coupon for 20% off your next purchase!

Stay tuned!
.

2 comments:

Ophelie said...

This post couldn't have come at a better time. I'm still looking for work-appropriate jeans, after two very frustrating days at the mall. Why is everything low-waist?
(I haven't checked out Foxy yet, I'll swing by this week. Fingers crossed!)

Mary Jane said...

Hiya O! I'll be checking out the Gap tomorrow at lunch if you'd like to join me :) We can brave the clinically-lit change rooms together!

Post a Comment