Taking a rare weekend off

Hello dear Treasure Trovers,

My darling S. has been nothing but wonderfully patient since I started this fun little project-o-mine seven months ago. For those of you who've been here for weekend raids, he's probably made you a fresh cup of tea, or sat in the livingroom with your kidlet and played videogames while you troved, or helped you carry your chair/shelf/bags of stuff down the stairs. He's also now completely unfazed when he arrives home to see me tearing around with armloads of dresses and bags, camera around my neck, and piles of clothing on the couch. "Trove update?" he'll ask. "Yarp!" I'll generally respond. Also when he comes home to giggling in the bedroom, he's well aware that it is a couple of trovers playing in the Closet, and that I'm likely on tea-duty in the kitchen.

I think it's time to treat him to a weekend off, with actual sleeping in (gasp!), and brunch (waffles!), and maybe even a visit to the Jean-Talon market (yummm). I'm also taking my sister to E.R.A. so that she can watch me lose my mind while trying on potential wedding frocks. If time permits, there may even be a little Spring Cleaning (a-hem...doubtful.)

Therefore, there'll be no updates til late Sunday evening, but oh my, will it be worth the wait!

Soon to glitter in the trove:
  • large brass-tone banker's desk lamp
  • sleek black pivoting floor lamp with globular head
  • mid-century teak framed mirror, made in Denmark
  • 1930s ostrich leather pocketbook, complete with calendar cards (for 1938 & 1939!)
  • small Czechoslovakian slide rule, by Bohemia Works
  • 1970s spice rack
  • 1922 Little Blue Book edition of Alexandre Dumas' "Crimes of the Borgias"
  • 1960s long-sleeved dress in eye-popping orange, fuchsia & mustard
  • 1940s/50s black tea-length dress with burgundy lace at the portrait collar
  • 1970s denim shirt, for men, with cowboy styling and floral embroidery
  • 1920s amber glass bottle with faded typed label 'Raspberry 1929'
Have a lovely weekend!

As ever,

Mary Jane
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment