Felt wreath + a whackload of costume jewelry bits = wedding decor!


S. and I wandered around the 7th floor of the Bay downtown earlier this week - perusing the holiday decorations (70% off the last marked price!) when this little felt wreath caught my eye.   It measures 8" in diameter and is a nice eggshell colour.   At 70% off of $6.99, it was worth bringing home for potential craftiness.   Now, this line of thought has led to my accumulating rather a lot of stuff that sits in a closet filled with what I call "craft supplies" but what I know to be "the physical result of pretty ideas I saw on blogs that led me to buy things impulsively."

Happily, this wreath was saved from the shadowy interior of the Craft Closet!   I eyed the basket weave and thought, that would be a perfect place to place a lot of mismatched & broken, but still lovely costume jewelry bits that I've been hoarding.  No glue gun, no stapling, no sewing, just clipping and pinning about 70 clip-on earrings & brooches into the accommodating weave. It took no more than half an hour and VOILA!  A whole lot of sparkle, on a small wreath, that can stay up year round!
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment