***SOLD*** Enameled vintage teardrop necklace: $25


****SOLD****
Gold-tone& gold-flecked aqua enameled teardrop necklace.  I am not absolutely certain as to when this necklace was made - very possibly late 60s given the hook closure, necklace length, and the fact that there was a huge revival of Egyptian style jewelry then.   The front section is 10 inches in length with a 5 inch chain on one end,  for a total length of 15 inches.  The front section is about 3/4 inch wide.  When I first looked at the teardrops, I thought that all of the enameling on them was spotted with tiny chips from wear, until I realized that I was looking at splatters of gold paint to give a bit of variation in the color.  Someone  told me that they thought it was from the art deco era, but I can't verify this.   I think this would be stunning with a strapless pale dress!  (*cough* wedding *cough*)

Signed: No
Condition:  very good
Price is $25.

close up

detail - back of necklace

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment