Seeking: French-speaking downtown lunchtime-shopping companion

One of my goals for this year is to improve my terribly rusty french speaking skills.    After over 10 years of working in primarily english-speaking environments, my ability to converse in my second language has deteriorated alarmingly.  I'm not so bad in social situations, but part of that might be due to (ahem) a little liquid courage, and something tells me that carrying a flask of said courage into potential bilingual work situations won't go over well.

I'm considering taking an intensive course this summer, but in the meantime the best way to learn is to practice.  I figured that rather than sitting at a café table across from a total stranger, it might be more fun & relaxed to wander the downtown shops for an hour once a week while conversing.  Having done my time in retail (hello Gap!  hello Jacob!), I'm fluent enough in 'shop girl' french to have a comfortable jumping off point, and this might make it easier to transition into current affairs, film reviews, interview situations, and more.

If you know anyone out there who might be interested, I can offer Trove credit, portrait photography, and/or even cash!   If you know anyone looking to practice their spoken english, I'm also willing to do a language exchange.

Wicked greeting card by Navy Blue Notes.
.

1 comments:

SILVIA said...

love love love it!!!!
great style
follow u now!
xoxo=P

Post a Comment