Spring Capsule Wardrobe: Curve Celebration

Am finding that putting together a capsule wardrobe for spring is tougher than one might expect.  Part of this is due to the fact that after a long winter of muddy greys and slushy whites,  I am starving for colour and florals so everything bright and frilly looks like an attractive option.   I've spent a few lunch hours giddily trying on many new shapes (stronger shoulders, wider trouser legs),  colours (cinnamon! saffron!  salmon! kelly green!),  and skirt lengths (swingy calf-length, snug calf-length, silky maxi). 

While it has been fun, I find myself gravitating towards the things I know will suit my short & curvy figure and my dark hair and eyes:  pencil skirts, nipped in waist lines and v-necks in red, navy and fuschia.

So I present one potential Spring 2011 capsule wardrobe for the Curvy Lady to you, and will be sharing others as whimsy and window-shopping permit!

.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a sartorial savant. Remind me to start, you know, making money so that I can purchase that blazer...

Mary Jane said...

The blazer is pretty fun, eh? Hangs open beautifully, nips in where it needs to, and soft navy is a classic colour that can be used to ground funkier pieces. I've been admiring all the Stylish Young Thangs in there collarless/swingy/cloaky toppers, but me, I'm a blazer girl ;)

Unknown said...

I love me some structure in a jacket, that's for sure: the angles balance out the va-va-vooms. That particular blazer is just beautifully cut, and the neutral colour would be a great juxtaposition against a floral or wacky pattern. You're spot-on!

Anonymous said...

That double-breasted trench is gorgeous! Love the flower detail!
I'll get one in the navy, just as soon as I sell that kidney . . .
;)

~Paze

MJ said...

Hi Paze! I'm eying a tomato red trench at Jacob right now, and am thinking of having a flower detail made ;)

Post a Comment